Happy holidays Progressives!
We bear tidings of joy – the Progressive Caucus of the NC Democratic Party lives! Thanks to all our members who came out to the meeting, and those who took the time to sign proxies. PDOC showed up in great numbers and started some important discussions and took on new leadership roles. Congratulations to Vicki Boyer, newly elected 3rd Vice President (messaging and PR), Felix Peng elected to the Judicial Board, and Kim Piracci (by acclamation!) is now Fundraising Chair.
We are now turning our sights to 2019! There is much work to be done at the state level and nationally and we have to think strategically about how to get organized and put our progressive policy solutions front and center. We will begin that discussion at our last General Body meeting of the year and would love your input and participation. Join us for holiday food and cheer with a side of planning and plotting!
Monthly Meeting: Wednesday, December 19, 6:30-8:30 pm
Orange County Democratic Party,
209 Lloyd Street, Carrboro
Holiday potluck and 2019 Brainstorming
More details and RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/PDOCNC/
What to bring to the meeting:
- Your top 3 issues you’d like to see PDOC working on 2019/2020
- Your commitment to lead/work on those issues
- Your ideas for how to amplify the Progressive agenda
- Optional snack/beverage to share (finger food, please) (except for beverages!)
- Non-perishable food item to be donated to Porch and IFC
- Welcome and introductions (5 min)
- 2018 year in review (our accomplishments) (5 min)
- Financial report (2 min)
- Education Team report (5 min)
- Issues Team planning (5 min)
- Upcoming Events (3 min)
- State Progressive Caucus (15 min)
- New Business (5-10 min)
- Where do we go from here- 2019-2020 Brainstorming and Strategy Session
Reminder: Tomorrow is the last day to sign up for 2019 health insurance under the Affordable Care Act